Building Shared-Decision Making Team (BSDM)
The Building Shared Decision Making Team is a cooperative team of teachers, parents and administrators who will be engaged in identifying educational issues, defining goals, formulating policy, and implementing and assessing activities to help students reach standards of excellence. The purpose of the team will be to create/sustain a productive dialogue about teaching and learning. This ongoing inquiry and discussion will enable us to have common goals, take collective actions and study the effects on student learning. Specifically, the team will:
- Seek, examine, implement, assess ways to improve student success, performance, and well-being
- Encourage innovation, collegiality and meaningful professional development
- Address building goals and objectives
- Foster a team approach to problem-solving
- Broaden ownership and accountability for decisions
- Communicate with the District Shared Decision-Making Committee and share relevant information
Minutes will be recorded, shared and posted for all stakeholders. An audit in accordance with the district SDM plan will be conducted.
The Shared Decision Making Team will meet monthly on the second Wednesday of the month at 7:30a.m. in the Gouverneur Elementary Library or as scheduled.